Are you a window cleaning ninja? Or, do you find it just a little intimidating? After all, there seems to be a never-ending stream of sources to conspire against a crisp view out our windows: fingerprints from kiddos, nose bumps from Fido, and grime from cooking. You care a lot about the presentation of your windows, so much so that you invested in elegant Folding Arm Awnings for the exterior of your house. But does that mean you should be hiring services such as NICK’S Window Cleaning every week?
Never fear! The Cleaning Crew’s got your back. Here are 6 time-tested window-cleaning tips to get those windows sparkling and streak-free, not to mention moving you closer to Window Cleaning Ninja status!
dayly cialis go here market research process cultivation theory research paper go to site https://www.innovativefitness.com/perioded/alcort-20mg-cialis/37/ acheter viagra pfizer en ligne atripla viagra future world essay https://zacharyelementary.org/presentation/dissertation-uni-jena-zahnmedizin/30/ montaigne essay on friendship summary sildenafil preisvergleich deutschland source link source definitions parts of speech get link britney spears ventolin forecasting statement in an essay als cialis niet helpt https://earthwiseradio.org/editing/how-to-cite-an-essay-apa-style/8/ https://www.nationalautismcenter.org/letter/model-essays-for-composition/26/ click custom research papers online http://www.danhostel.org/papers/research-methods-study-designs/11/ il viagra tifa durare di piu cialis esperienza personale comprar cialis actor resume no experience https://tetratherapeutics.com/treatmentrx/hyzaar-without-prescription/34/ alankit assignments limited new delhi sample of how to write a memo potenzmittel levitra generic 1. Clean Those Window Sills & Tracks!
Knowing how to clean window frames and sills properly will not only keep them looking great but will also keep them in better working condition to extend the life of your windows.
- Use your vacuum’s soft bristle brush to vacuum the window’s interior track. While you’re at it, you may as well vacuum the whole interior frame. Use a dry, soft bristled paint brush to sweep dirt out of any hard to reach crevices.
- Dip the another paint brush into soapy water and use this to swish any stubborn dirt out of the crevices. Follow up with a quick rinse with the damp, clean rag.
- The good news: Regular dusting will help prevent dirt from collecting.
- The bad news: Windows are natural dust magnets. Eventually you will have to repeat the process.
3. Create Your Own Window Cleaner
Windows get dirty, but you don’t need to reach for chemical cleaners to return them to a sparkling shine. Here at The Cleaning Crew, we’ve been using natural, nontoxic ingredients for decades. For windows, we recommend the following vinegar solution!
Using a 32 oz spray bottle,
Add the following ingredients:
- 1/8 cup rubbing alcohol (70% or higher isoprophyl content)
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 to 10 drops of essential oil (we like mint), depending on how much fragrance you want.
Fill the rest of the way with water, shake well.
We use either all cotton rags or a microfiber cloth to wipe windows clean with this recipe.
4. When You Clean Windows Makes a Difference
The best time to wash windows is on a cloudy or overcast day. Although you might be thinking you can work on your tan, cleaning windows on a sunny day dries cleaning solution more quickly and can cause streaking.
Your best bet is to choose a cloudy day or work when the temperature isn’t above 70°F outside. However, if you’re wanting to hone your window cleaning skills, try cleaning in the direct sun, when the glass is hot and your solution is evaporating fast on glass! Treat it as a competition and you’ll to sharpen your window washing skills! You might try using the super swirl squeegee technique to dry glass immediately after you’ve finished scrubbing window and you’ll end up with a brilliant streak-free shine.
5. Mind Your Window Woodwork
Over time, excess water and cleaners can cause damage to the framed wood areas of our mirrors and windows. What to do?
- Avoid spraying too much cleaner at once. Instead spray the window in small sections working from the top down to the bottom of the glass. Try to avoid allowing the solution to pool at the bottom of the window.
- Use a spare rag or microfiber cloth to remove any excess water or solution.
6. How to Achieve Professional Streak-Free Window Cleaning Status
Want to get serious about your window cleaning? Then take a few tip from the pros.
- Microfiber window scrubber like this one from Amazon. You can add a pole if needed.
- Next you’ll need a squeegee.
- Or, you can grab a combo like this.
- While any 5-gallon bucket will do, a 3-gallon wide format works best. Just a few drops of Mrs. Meyers All Natural Dish Soap will make a perfect window cleaning solution.
- Lint-free microfiber cloth or lint-free cotton rags
Now, get out there and let the sun shine in!
Remember, we’re committed to helping our neighbors achieve amazing results cleaning their own homes. But, if you need the help of a professional, we’ve been providing superlative window cleaning for more than 27 years!
For the month of May we’re offering a Window Cleaning Special.
Get $25 off minimum $100 job.
~ The Cleaning Crew
PS. Have any window cleaning questions? Or, have a few window cleaning tips of your own? Leave a comment below!
Valentine’s Day is the perfect chance to treat yourself and your loved ones.
Your home is the easiest place for you to feel cared for.
Take 30 minutes to freshen up, brighten your home, and clear your clutter:
#1 – Freshen up with flowers and fabrics:
- Fluff your pillows
- Fold your throw blankets
- Place fresh flowers around the house
* Open blinds, window shutters, and curtains to let in as much light as possible – clean your windows! If you’re looking to furnish your windows with shutters and blinds, perhaps you could get some inspiration from the Shuttercraft website (see here) for what you can do in your home. Shutters make classy additions to your home’s window furnishings and should definitely be a consideration for those looking to conduct home improvement projects. Check out plantation shutters london for a great example of what can be achieved.
* Set mood lighting around the house – strategically placed lamps create the perfect ambiance to feel spoiled!
* Clean your crystal and glass – use a soft, water-dampened cloth and enjoy the sparkle and shine.
#3 – Clear Surfaces and Organize – open spaces allows for rest and relaxation:
* Tidy your newspapers, magazines, and mail – and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with clear spaces
* Create piles of keep, maybe, and toss. Let go of out-dated decorations and décor, making room for the new!
* Control kitchen clutter with our ten tips to create an enjoyable kitchen
Enjoy more ideas on Pinterest about Preparing Your Home for Valentine’s Day:
It’s that beautiful time of year again. The leaves are changing, the weather is colder, and the hot beverages taste better than normal. Enjoying the fall season is far more than warm coffee and yellow leaves. These things would not mean half as much without an organized and clean house to enjoy them in, so whether it’s getting in touch with the local HVAC service that does affordable HVAC Repair in Highlands Ranch to have a look at your heating system or doing a bit of fall cleaning. It’s time to get organized.
The Cleaning Crew Fall Cleaning Chore Checklist will help you prepare your home for the coming winter season:
- Re-Organize and Clean Out Pantry – Throw away expired goods. Re-arrange as needed. Write out a pantry inventory and make a grocery list of the things you will need to stock up on.
- Clean Out Spice Cabinet – Throw away stale spices. Wipe down inside of cabinet. Make a list of all spices needing to be purchased.
- Clean Oven – Prep your oven for holiday cooking and baking. If you don’t have a self-cleaning oven, The Cleaning Crew can offer some quick and easy oven-cleaning solutions.
- Wash Windows, Inside and Out – This may be your last chance to clean the exterior windows this year!
- Wash Curtains – Pull down any curtains that can be washed and clean them. If you can’t wash them, take them outside to shake the dust off.
- Wipe Blinds – Wipe down the blinds of the interior windows.
- Dust or Wash Light Fixtures – Most light fixtures are removable and unscrew so you can dust or wash them. Make sure to turn the switch off and allow bulbs to cool before you do this!
- Vacuum Furniture – Vacuum your upholstered furniture and/or dust & wipe down any wooden furniture.
- Wipe Down Kitchen Cupboards – Wipe down your kitchen cupboards. Wipe the insides and the tops, if you feel ambitious!
- Vacuum and Shampoo Carpets and Rugs – Be sure your carpets are clean before all the winter mud and snow, schedule a carpet cleaning in early autumn. The same goes for your rugs. Check out HTTPS://BAZAARVELVET.COM/ for some great rug care tips and they also have a gorgeous collection if you are looking to purchase a rug. You should schedule a deep cleaning every so often as your carpet can harbour bacteria, particualrly if you have a thick pile. You might want to hire a company that does carpet cleaning cheltenham, depending on where you live.
- De-Clutter the Closets and Re-Organize – Clean out the closets and make several organized piles. One for donating, one for keeping, one for trash, and one for seasonal clothes.
- Bring Out Winter Things for Closets – Don’t forget to bring out your winter gear!
- Dust the House from Top to Bottom – This means everything from the cobwebs in the corners of the ceiling to the baseboards. Go from room to room and dust everything!
- Prepare For Holiday Guests – Guest rooms should be not only clean, but also inviting. Try Setting out flowers or other special touches to make guests feel especially welcome.
- Clean all Bedding and Bring Out Winter Comforters – Bring out heavier bedding and winter comforters.
- Test Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors – Don’t skip this step, especially if you have any kind of wood fired heat. Just a simple push of a button is all it takes.
Brisk and breezy days are best for overcoming the deep-cleaning chores necessary for a clean, comfortable winter home and a wonderful autumn season. Happy Fall!