It’s that beautiful time of year again. The leaves are changing, the weather is colder, and the hot beverages taste better than normal. Enjoying the fall season is far more than warm coffee and yellow leaves. These things would not mean half as much without an organized and clean house to enjoy them in, so whether it’s getting in touch with the local HVAC service that does affordable HVAC Repair in Highlands Ranch to have a look at your heating system or doing a bit of fall cleaning. It’s time to get organized.
The Cleaning Crew Fall Cleaning Chore Checklist will help you prepare your home for the coming winter season:
- Re-Organize and Clean Out Pantry – Throw away expired goods. Re-arrange as needed. Write out a pantry inventory and make a grocery list of the things you will need to stock up on.
- Clean Out Spice Cabinet – Throw away stale spices. Wipe down inside of cabinet. Make a list of all spices needing to be purchased.
- Clean Oven – Prep your oven for holiday cooking and baking. If you don’t have a self-cleaning oven, The Cleaning Crew can offer some quick and easy oven-cleaning solutions.
- Wash Windows, Inside and Out – This may be your last chance to clean the exterior windows this year! While you’re at it, if you notice your home’s exterior could do with a clean, you could get in touch with someone like this Pressure washing Richmond Hill, GA company to come and blast away the dirt and leave your home looking pristine from the outside.
- Wash Curtains – Pull down any curtains that can be washed and clean them. If you can’t wash them, take them outside to shake the dust off.
- Wipe Blinds – Wipe down the blinds of the interior windows.
- Dust or Wash Light Fixtures – Most light fixtures are removable and unscrew so you can dust or wash them. Make sure to turn the switch off and allow bulbs to cool before you do this!
- Vacuum Furniture – Vacuum your upholstered furniture and/or dust & wipe down any wooden furniture.
- Wipe Down Kitchen Cupboards – Wipe down your kitchen cupboards. Wipe the insides and the tops, if you feel ambitious!
- Vacuum and Shampoo Carpets and Rugs – Be sure your carpets are clean before all the winter mud and snow, schedule a carpet cleaning in early autumn. The same goes for your rugs. Check out HTTPS://BAZAARVELVET.COM/ for some great rug care tips and they also have a gorgeous collection if you are looking to purchase a rug. You should schedule a deep cleaning every so often as your carpet can harbour bacteria, particualrly if you have a thick pile. You might want to hire a company that does carpet cleaning cheltenham, depending on where you live.
- De-Clutter the Closets and Re-Organize – Clean out the closets and make several organized piles. One for donating, one for keeping, one for trash, and one for seasonal clothes.
- Bring Out Winter Things for Closets – Don’t forget to bring out your winter gear!
- Dust the House from Top to Bottom – This means everything from the cobwebs in the corners of the ceiling to the baseboards. Go from room to room and dust everything!
- Prepare For Holiday Guests – Guest rooms should be not only clean, but also inviting. Try Setting out flowers or other special touches to make guests feel especially welcome.
- Clean all Bedding and Bring Out Winter Comforters – Bring out heavier bedding and winter comforters.
- Test Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors – Don’t skip this step, especially if you have any kind of wood fired heat. Just a simple push of a button is all it takes.
Brisk and breezy days are best for overcoming the deep-cleaning chores necessary for a clean, comfortable winter home and a wonderful autumn season. Happy Fall!