The time change doesn’t just mean that you lost an hour of sleep. It also signifies something else very important: Spring is almost upon us with that some people are looking to go to Green Facilities or somewhere similar to help with their spring cleaning. It’s time for that annual spring cleaning–inside and out. Check out our website for our top three most popular services for readying your home for spring.
What you can expect from our service:
- Window cleaning by a professional window cleaner
- Provision of all supplies and equipment needed to do the job
- Detailed cleaning of all window, tracks, and screen surfaces
Do you need your windows professionally cleaned? We clean windows inside and outside, leaving them sparkling clean! Our window cleaning service also includes hand wiping out the tracks and cleaning the screens.
The Cleaning Crew, LLC knows how to handle your glass surfaces with great care and can tailor your window-cleaning needs to fit each situation.
We provide a complimentary evaluation of your home to determine:
- Your window cleaning needs
- Date, time and cost of the cleaning
- We offer one-time, bi-yearly or yearly window cleaning. We also offer monthly or quarterly price packages
If this service is what you need, please contact us today for a free estimate! We can either provide the bid information over the phone or schedule an onsite bid.
What you can expect from our service:
- Gutter cleaning by a professional gutter cleaning specialist
- We supply the equipment needed to complete the job
- Quality cleaning of all gutters and downspouts
Are your gutters and down spouts filled with leaves and debris? Would you like a friendly and experienced cleaning specialist to take care of your gutter needs? If so, call The Cleaning Crew, LLC today! If you need gutter installation, then you may want to contact melvinbelkroofing.com – once they’re installed, you can be sure we’ll clean them!
We are happy to provide a complimentary evaluation of your home to determine:
- Your gutter cleaning needs
- Date, time, and cost of the gutter cleaning
If this service is what you need, please contact us today for an free estimate! We can either provide the bid information over the phone or schedule an onsite bid.
What you can expect from our service:
- Completed by a professional power washing specialist
- We supply the equipment needed to complete the job utilising companies such as AirCompressorsUSA.com
- Detailed cleaning of your exterior surfaces
Are the exterior surfaces of your home dirty? Are there cobwebs under your eves? Do your porches, decks and sidewalks need a cleaning to remove the yearly buildup of sediment and moss? We power wash your exterior surfaces with great care and are mindful of your plant beds and flowers.
In addition to power washing the exterior surfaces of your home and office, we also power wash commercial buildings and storefront walkways.
We provide a complimentary evaluation of your home or office to determine:
- Your power washing needs
- Date, time and cost of the cleaning
- We can tailor your power washing needs to fit each situation
When you contact us for a free estimate, we can either provide the bid information over the phone or schedule an onsite bid.
Enjoy your time outside this spring, and let us take care of the hard work. We’d love to come over for a no-obligation, free estimate. To schedule a visit, call us at 541-601-6236.
This week The Cleaning Crew is looking at simple and effective ways for refreshing and organizing your bedroom. Don’t think of it as needless pampering — you probably NEED it more than you know!
OK, let’s start with a couple of housekeeping items, i.e. chores. Here are a couple that may actually make more of a difference in your mood and attitude than you expect!
Surprise! Making Your Bed EVERYDAY Makes Your Day Better!
Maybe our moms were more on point with this one than we (or they) knew! People study all kinds of things these days, and making one’s bed is now one of them. In these studies they found that making one’s bed as a daily ritual is associated with:
- better productivity
- sticking with a budget
- and greater HAPPINESS (what?!)
That’s right. Making your bed on a consistent basis helps make you a happier person. Who knew? Most just associate it with doing a chore! You can read some of the research here.
Cleaning & Refreshing Your Bed: How to Deep-Clean Your Mattress
Maybe you don’t like the way your bed looks though, this might be a contributing factor to you not wanting to make your bed. If this is the case then it might be a good idea to get a new bed. Why not check out something like this high gloss bed to give you a better idea of what you could get. Another thing you could do is just make sure you wash your bedding. Of course everyone knows to wash their bedding on a regular basis, but how about the actual mattress? When was the last time you cleaned your mattress? Or has reading this made you realised that you are long overdue a new Leesa king size mattress? If you aren’t sure how to go about cleaning your mattress, here’s an oft-overlooked cleaning task that should be part of our regular cleaning routine.
- 16-ounce box baking soda
- Essential oil
- Vacuum cleaner
This simple combination of baking soda and essential oils will deodorize, eliminate moisture and kill dust mites in your mattress. Essential oils like eucalyptus, peppermint, lavender or wintergreen essential oils have the added benefit of safely and effectively remove dust mites as well as being naturally antibacterial. If you’ve just bought a new mattress, it’s important for you to care for it, if you’re not sure how, read this mattress care guide.
- Open the box of baking soda and add 10 to 20 drops of your favorite essential oil. Close the box and give it a good shake to distribute the essential oil and break up any large clumps.
- Sprinkle the baking soda over the bed, using the entire box. Now it’s time for a mattress massage! Rub the baking soda mixture into the bed, which really gives your mattress a deep cleaning. Let the baking soda and essential oil work its magic for at least an hour.
- While you’re waiting, toss your bedding in the wash, and fluff duvets or feather beds in the dryer. Wipe down the walls around your bed and the bed frame, creating a nice and clean sleeping area.
- After an hour, vacuum the mattress, working slowly to ensure all the baking soda has been removed.
- Along with freshening your bed, the mixture helps lift dirt and residue while wicking away moisture. And giving your mattress a good vacuuming sucks away any lurking dust mites, which makes everyone sleep easier. Make the bed, and you’re ready for some serious slumber.
Furniture Refresher – Restore Shine to Your Wood Furniture
In addition to tending to your mattress, how about your bedroom set? If your bedroom furniture is constructed of wood, it may be due for some freshening up. Here’s why and how.
Wood loses its shine for two reasons: it gets dirty and it gets worn. Oil, dirt and any number of other things can build up on the surface of wood. If it’s not removed regularly, it can create a build up over the surface of the wood and make the wood dull.
- The first step is to clean your wooden furniture. Vinegar is very effective at cutting grease and removing grime. Plus, it’s all natural and non-toxic. Start by using undiluted white vinegar on a sponge or cloth to wipe down your furniture.
- Next, in a small mason jar mix one cup of mineral oil and three drops of pure lemon essential oil.
- Dab a bit of the mineral oil mixture on a soft cloth or sponge and rub it into the entire surface of the furniture. If your wood is very dry, you may need to do this twice. Let the oil sit on the furniture for at least five minutes.
- Using a clean rag, gently buff the furniture, wiping away any excess mineral oil. The wood should be smooth to touch – not tacky or sticky.
Ideally, you should repeat this process about once a month to keep your furniture looking its best.
Next, let’s turn our attention to some organizational tasks. How our bedrooms are set up and organized contributes significantly to how we feel when we’re in them.
Consider Your Paint Choices – What are the Best Colors for the Bedroom?
Many bedrooms never move beyond “off-white” on the color wheel. Or, maybe you bought a home recently and inherited a bedroom color that’s not sitting quite right with you. Changing your bedroom paint is one of the bigger bang for your buck changes you can make?
But, what color is best? Glad you asked!
Again, research indicates that color of our surroundings has a significant effect on the psyche. Soothing and softer hues are generally recommended, but bright colors don’t have to be banished. On the contrary! Our friends at HGTV.com have a few simple guidelines to follow when looking at new colors for your bedroom. Read through them here.
Nightstands tend to collect lots of clutter: books, charging cables, magazines, pens, water bottles, etc. However, the rule of thumb for your nightstand is: the fewer the items the better. If you like to read before you go to sleep, pick one or two books that you most want to read. Make sure not to layer or stack things. We feel more peaceful when things are unobstructed and there is space between things. Stay diligent in de-cluttering your nightstand by sticking with just a few essentials. Add to this list of essentials very deliberately and carefully:
- A tray for smaller items like glasses, watches, rings etc.
- A box of tissues
- A small lamp
Surveys indicate that a massive number of people sleep with their smartphone (or laptop or tablet) either next to the bed or actually IN the bed. However, research suggests this is a really bad idea. Huffingtonpost.com cites 7 really good reasons to eliminate the smartphone from the bedroom. Read the article here.
Follow These Tips for Getting Technology Out of the Bedroom
- Set up a charging station somewhere other than your bedroom, like the kitchen or a home office. Plug in the cords in a way that makes it inconvenient to move them around, so that you really need to make an effort to charge your devices somewhere else.
- Designate a time each night to retire phones and tablets to the charging station. Start with doing it right before bed, but consider doing it an hour or more before bedtime. Having time to unwind with your spouse is beneficial outside the bedroom as well.
- Buy or dig out an actual alarm clock so you don’t have to rely on your phone’s alarm to wake up in the mornings. Browse Amazon’s selection of alarm clocks here.
- If you or your spouse like to read before bed, start bringing physical books into the bedroom instead of a tablet or e-reader. If you’re dying to read your latest Kindle find, discuss guidelines before carrying the device to bed. Consider turning off Wi-Fi so you’re not tempted to check email or Facebook “just for a minute.”
Is There a TV in Your Bedroom? Ditch It Now
Removing the television from your bedroom will result in better / more sleep. Not only does television in the bedroom keep us up later at night, but there are also studies that indicate watching television before bed actually disrupts sleep cycles.
Choosing the right lighting in bedrooms is important for relaxing and rejuvenating the human spirit. Use these tips to bring your bedroom some much needed illumination inspiration. Check out Remodeling 101: Bedroom Lighting Secrets by
Well, there you have it! Clearly there’s more to consider, like freshening up your bedding, pillows, and art work. This surely this will get you started! Then branch out as you can.
Remember, if the need for a professional arises, The Cleaning Crew has home organization specialists that can transform your bedroom in a flash. Give us a shout:
Next week we’ll be looking at some bathroom organization ideas!
Til then, Shine On!
~The Cleaning Crew
PS. What steps have you taken to make your bedroom a more restful space? Leave a comment below!
Follow these simple steps to help you purge and rearrange your garage, turning a frustrating space into a functional space so you can lay out garage floor mats and make your garage feel welcoming!
Empty The Entire Garage
It may sound painful, but trust us, it’s the only way to go! Check the weather first, but clear that garage out! It’ll be much simpler to assess your storage needs if you can get a good look at what you’re working with.
Organize your belongings into designated areas in your driveway or lawn: 1.things to keep, 2. things to donate or sell and 3. things to throw out or recycle. With everything cleared out of your workspace, you’ll now be able to scrub down all the flat surfaces and install/rearrange shelving, hooks and other organizational materials without your stuff in the way.
Clean The Garage Floors
Remove the dirt and grime in your now-empty garage. You need to do this with portable garages too. Use a shop-vac or an indoor/outdoor vacuum cleaner to suck up any loose dust, dirt and cobwebs. Next, depending on your desired level of clean, pressure wash your floors for a deep clean, or hose down your garage floor, or you may also choose to sweep then mop by hand.
If you’ve been considering painting your garage floor so it looks like this, now’s a great time to tackle that project.
Tackle Your Garage Organization
If you don’t already have shelving, hooks, racks and other organizational aids in place, now is the time to do it. Think about where you want things to be stored in the long run. This means considering how often you use certain items, who uses them, and during which seasons.
1. Store sports balls using bungee cords. This genius storage solution allows you to easily access your ball collection, and it’s a cinch to put together.
2. Separate your garage into zones. Keep sports equipment, gardening accessories, power tools and kids’ toys each in their own area of the garage to keep things organized.
3. Install slatwall panels. This allows you to easily hang and rearrange hooks and baskets.
4. Get things off the ground. Use a storage system or build shelves to clear floor space. Becareful with how you configure this though, we have had reports of people damaging their garage door because of the way they have organized their garage. Requiring the services similar to Garage Doors Denver to get their garage door back in working order.
5. Keep your garden and yard work tools organized. Use wall hooks and bins, Build a tool rack. These DIY hooks are cheap and simple to build on your own. All you need are nails and a board to keep your garden tools beautifully ororganized.
6. Screw organization. Literally – keep your screws organized with this clever storage idea that uses dead space underneath a cabinet or shelf.
7. Bike rack. Bikes can be a storage nightmare, especially when they go in and out of the garage every day. Here are 5 simple solutions.
Wire shelving is the perfect place to start when it comes to garage organization. It’s clean and modern looking, can sit on the floor, be mounted to the wall, or sit on casters for mobility. They can be customized to virtually any shelf configuration for your specific needs. If you’ve got stuff to store, this shelving will keep it neat and tidy. These are available at most big box stores.
- Wall-Mount Rack With Bins For garages with lots of small items like nuts and bolts, a great solution are these amazing wall-mounted storage bins.! You can label each bin and they are even easy to install! Woot!
- Plastic Storage Box Plastic storage bins like these can be used for just about anything: boating gear, fishing gear, car wash supplies, bike helmets, or tools. We like bins with the attached interlocking lid rather than a separate lid as they don’t ever get lost! They’re stackable the contents are viewable!
- Tool Caddy Paint brushes, spray paint, electrical cords, gardening tools, cleaning supplies… this Tote Caddy holds it all! It’s rugged, sturdy and the easy handle makes it portable, so you can move quickly and efficiently from project-to-project.
- Utility Cart This is a mobile workstation that can hold a lot of weight, It has multiple bin configurations for even more organization, and has a space to place your morning cup of coffee! Boom. We’re sold! This 1-drawer utility cart is a garage necessity!
Detailed garage organization depends mostly on what items are in it, but these general principles should definitely get you started.
What garage organization ideas have worked for you? Leave your suggestions and comments below!.
~ The Cleaning Crew