9 Tips for Organizing Your Closet!
We’ve all seen those “dream closets” and wished they were ours.Having custom closets would be amazing and would really make a well organised space. However, it’s easier than you think to make your glamorous closet dreams a reality. Here are a few organizing tips.
- Clean it out – The key to a clean organized closet is as simple as keeping out clutter. If you haven’t worn something in over a year, get rid of it. Chances are, you won’t want to wear it anytime soon.
- Consolidate shoes – Use baskets and adorable boxes, placing the ones you wear the most at eye-level and placing all your prettiest boxes on display.
- Install plenty of hooks – Purses can take up a lot of shelf space. hooks are a great way to hang bags and backpacks. Put them on the wall behind an open door for added storage space. You can purchase hooks and knobs in a variety of colors and styles, so have fun with it.
- Use scarf and belt hangers – They now make hangers that are built to store scarves and belts. They save shelf room and hang nicely next to pants. The scarf hangers especially add an extra pop of color to your closet.
- Use uniform hangers – If you have a hodgepodge of hangers, it can make your closet look unnecessarily sloppy. Purchase hangers that grip clothes and take up minimal room. Having your clothes all hanging on the same level, the same distance apart will give the appearance of organization.
- Organize by sleeve length or color – However you choose to sort your clothes, do so. If you always keep the same three sweaters in the back of your closet, you’ll forget all about them. Put them with the rest of your tanks so when it’s cool outside, you have plenty of options to choose from.
- Purchase cute storage – Try woven baskets with cotton lining to store items like clutches, gloves, hats and coin purses. They’re a great way to separate items without cluttering up your closet. Linen bins are a great option to store underwear and camisoles. A beautiful jewelry box can also be a fantastic investment piece.
- Paint it a bright color – Painting your closet in a bright hue can go a long way. Your closet will seem large and cheery and you’ll be excited about keeping it organized and cute. Keeping a mirror and/or chair in your closet can make it your own personal hideout.
- Utilize cork board – Lining a wall or back of a shelf with corkboard is a cute and functional way to utilize and organize space. You can also use pushpins as places to hang necklaces or bracelets and earrings can be pushed into the cork as well.