When Everything Has a Place, It’s Easier to Put Everything in its Place.
Everything has a place. This is the number one organization tip. If you just abide by this rule, everything else will come easy when it comes to your disorganized home. So this means that every item in your home has a place, or home base that it belongs in. In this instance, for items that you rarely use such as christmas decorations, spare chairs and camping equipment, you may want to invest in outdoor storage buildings so that the valuable storage in the home can be used for every day items. The hair dryer is in the drawer in the bathroom. Books belong on the bookshelf. The trick is putting them back, and putting them back right after you have used them. One such clutter forming place is the kitchen. Because of all this clutter in and around this area, kitchen organization in Marietta, as well as other areas, is an important necessity to make sure everything has its place and is then put back there.
“The kitchen is the one room of the home that all family members use every day – yet so often it is one of the most inefficient rooms in the house. Who wants to cook when you can’t find what you need? Life in the kitchen is much easier when you can find what you’re looking for and you know what food is in the cupboard or the pantry!”
– Karen, Owner of The Cleaning Crew, LLC
Here are 10 tips that may help you create an enjoyable kitchen:
- Neatly stored items take up less space
- Organize your kitchen so that the every day dishes, silverware and glasses are close to the sink and/or dishwasher
- Coffee mugs…how many do you really need??? Think about those you use most often and how much space the rest consume
- Square and rectangular containers take up less space than round
- Go through cupboards and pantries once per year and toss what has not been used in a year
- Don’t purchase products in bulk unless you have a place to store them
- Small appliances you use often should be accessible – relocate appliances to hard to reach places that you do not use often
- Put canned goods with canned goods and boxes with boxes, etc. Break each down by category, such as fruits, vegetables, soups, beans, pasta, snack foods, etc…
- Install slide-out drawers in cupboards to easily access pots, pans, plastic containers, etc…
- Can’t install slide out drawers? Use clear glass or plastic boxes that can hold similar items, such as pasta, rice, snacks, baking goods – this way you can pull them all of the shelf at one time
With just a few hours of time and some products to help you organize – you’ll be well on your way to a kitchen that you can enjoy spending time in. It’s amazing the number of kitchen organizing products to help you control kitchen clutter – too many to mention all of them here. You could even look into roll cage hire UK for food storage options, that are easily manageable and creates a lot of vertical storage space.
7 Favorite Kitchen Organization Products
- Turntables – Found in a variety of sizes, materials and colors, turntables are one of the best ways to organize bottles, jars, cans, spices – or anything that you do not want to get shoved to the back of the cupboard.
- Tea Bag Storage –Try a basket or container for your favorites teas and impress your guests
- 3-tier Expanding Shelf – Never sure if you have tomato soup on hand when you want a grilled cheese sandwich? Use an expanding, tiered shelf to solve the mystery. It’s like having a set of bleachers for your canned goods and spices.
- Drawer Double – Maximize the space in your drawers with a drawer double. It’s adjustable to fit the width of your drawer and has individual compartments. It’s perfect for use in a kitchen junk drawer – who said your junk drawer needed to look junky? It also works well in the drawer that contains all of your kitchen utensils.
- Grocery Bag Holder – Not only useful in the kitchen, but also a must for the laundry room if you use grocery bags to clean out the litter box! They also are useful in the bathroom under the sink. Mount on insides of doors, pantries or on the wall – or purchase the one that sits on a flat surface.
- Packet Storage – Excellent for quickly being able to put your hands on sauce, soup or drink mixes! They come in a variety of sizes and can either sit on a shelf, or some can be affixed to the door of a cupboard or wall in the pantry.
- Lid Holder – Do the plastic lids from your storage containers drive you nuts because you’re never sure what to do with them? Install a door mounted plastic cover holder and never wonder again where the lid is to your container. If this product won’t solve your problem, simply use one of the larger plastic containers to store the lids in.
Last but not least, be sure to take an honest look at what you are currently storing in your kitchen. Ask yourself; “when was the last time I used this?” “Will I ever use it again?” If the answer is “I can’t remember” or “No” then it may be time to let it go. And if you find yourself surrounded by a huge number of unwanted objects that you should get rid of, then maybe it is time to call for expert help. For that, you can contact junk removal companies like Junk Reduction who can accomplish the task without any hassle. If you are willing to get more information regarding their work, consider visiting their website.
Also, for any other cleaning issues, let us know if we can help!