Eco-Friendly Tips for Summer
Since The Cleaning Crew, LLC. is known for our green cleaning approach, we always enjoy sharing eco-friendly tips with our followers. Last summer we shared tips for saving electricity. We want to remind you of those energy (and money) saving tips as well as add a few new tips for this summer!
In our previous blog Easy Way to Save Electricity This Summer, we recommended several techniques for saving energy. At the hottest point of the summer, these tips can come in hand for also saving a few bucks on the electricity bill.
- Eliminate Electronic Heat-Unplug any devices that express heat in order to save on air conditioning costs.
- Lessen the Laundry Load-Do as little laundry as possible and avoid doing it during the heat of the day.
- Save for Sundown-Do all of your heat-producing activities early in the morning or later in the evening.
- Automate Appliances-Invest in appliances that can be automated and set to schedules.
- Frequently Use Fans-Use fans instead of air conditioning.
- Watch Your Windows-Make sure doors and windows are well insulated and caulked to avoid leakage.
- Fresh Food-Go to your local Farmer’s Market and enjoy fresh fruits and veggies all throughout the summer.
- BBQ-Reduce electricity use and heat in your home by cooking outdoors on a grill. According to Treehugger.com, propane is the cleanest approach to grilling outdoors.
- Reduce & Reuse-Reduce your footprint by avoiding disposable cookware and utensils. Try to use reusable items including silverware, dishes, and water bottles.
- Cut Chemicals-Choose safe and eco-friendly sunscreens and bug sprays. This will not only help the environment by reducing emissions, but it will also be safer for those who are using the products.
- Water conservation-Follow all neighborhood guidelines about watering your yard. In addition, don’t waste water. If you aren’t going to finish your glass, use it to water plants or pets. (Biofriendly Planet)
- Use Solar Power-Instead of using devices that need to use an electrical charge, harness the power of the summer sun and use solar power.
Try these out and let us know how they work for you. Add your favorite eco-friendly tip in the comments below!