Unexpected Cleaning Tools That You Just Might Need
Every now and then we like to have some fun on the blog! We’ve done some research to bring you a list of few unorthodox cleaning supplies that you might want to add to your supply closet. We’ll start of with traditional items that some people are using in a non-traditional manner.
This list on Consumer Report’s website explains how to use every day items like toothbrushes and credit cards to tackle tough-to-clean items. Here are a few of our favorites:
The rough bristles and small head of a toothbrush make for a fantastic cleaning tool in difficult to reach spots. It works well for cleaning grout, the corners of your showers, or even for scrubbing out stubborn stains. Next time you swap out your toothbrush, toss the old one in with your cleaning supplies. You won’t regret it.
Use the straight edge of the credit card to scrape up stuck on messes on your stove or microwave. It even works wonders with dried wax. The plastic is hard enough to get things unstuck, but gentle enough not to scratch the surfaces.
Old Socks & Cloth Diapers
Both of these items can be used for dusting or wiping surfaces without the dangers of scratching. Author of the CR article, Mary H.J. Farrell suggests wearing the damp sock like a glove to wipe down the leaves of house plants. How brilliant!
Apartmenttherapy.com listed several unique cleaning items in their article titled Odd, Weird, Wack (& Possibly Helpful) Cleaning Supplies, and we’ve found a few of our own. You can check them out at the links below!
- The Foot Dustpan is just what it sounds like. A dustpan you can operate with your foot. It eliminates the need to bend over while sweeping up messes.
- Cyber Clean is a ball of goop to roll around on your keyboard to catch all the loose particles stuck between your keys.
- FOKI is a pair of cordless, battery operated floor cleaning shoes.
- Baby Mop allows your crawling infant to sweep the floors instead of you!
- Double-Sided Window Cleaner uses a strong magnet to save you time by allowing you to clean the inside and the outside of the window at the same time.
- Bottle Cleaning Beads help ensure the inside of your reusable bottles gets as clean as possible.
What unexpected supplies do you use to help clean your home? Let us know in the comments below!