I think we can all agree that when it comes to cleaning, we’re always looking for ways to make the process more efficient. Efficient means quicker AND easier! Try these 5 New Cleaning Routine tips, tricks, and suggestions. They’ll help keep your home sparkling year-round and grant you a little more peace of mind in the process.
Tackle everyday messes with the best sponges, scrubbers, sprays, and more!
Here’s our take on the best cleaning essentials. The right tools make all the difference!
1. Best Glass Cleaner –> The Cleaning Crew’s DIY Recipe
2. Best All-Purpose Cleaner –> BioKleen All Purpose
3. Best Scrubbing Pads –> Non-Scratch Scrubber Pads
4. Best Cream Cleanser –> Soft Scrub with Bleach
5. Best Cleaning Cloths –> Martex Washcloths (Find them at Costco for a better deal.)
Establish a simple yet effective morning cleaning routine. Try this one.
- Start the Washing Machine–> On your way to get the coffee brewing, start a load of laundry. If you don’t have a washing machine, investing in one would be a great idea. In case that sounds too costly, you can always rent one from a nearby washer rental service. Cleaning routines can be made much easier with a washing machine.
- Unload the dishwasher –> “Everything has its place” is such a reliable motto. Then start the process over by loading everything after breakfast.
- Make beds –> Everyone makes their own as soon as they get up.
- 5-minute pick up –> Do a quick pick up of what might have been missed from the night before and the last minute tornado of the morning.
Before you turn in for the night, spend a few extra minutes tidying up with these simple suggestions. Small efforts can have the biggest impact on your morning.
- Clean the kitchen –> Spend a quick 5 minutes clearing the counters and wiping them down. Load and run the dishwasher if it’s full. Make sure there are no dishes in the sink. Starting the morning with a clean kitchen will brighten your mood.
- Pack lunches and/or snack –> Mornings are busy enough. Take care of lunches and snacks the night before.
- Set the coffee maker –> When you’re groggy in the morning there’s nothing better than a freshly brewed, hot cup of coffee (or tea, if that’s your thing)! Get it ready for minimal effort in the morning.
- Take care of one load of laundry –> Fold, sort and put away the clothes from the last wash load. Biggest takeaway: don’t let laundry snowball on you.
- Five-minute pick-up –> Just take a few minutes to throw away trash, take items back to their “home” and wipe down messy areas.
In addition to your daily cleaning routine, practice the art of add-ons. For example, you can add dusting and/or vacuuming a room or two each day. If your vacuum is not great, you can always pick up a new one like a Riccar Supralite, for instance, to make it easier on yourself not to have to use an old vacuum that may not be able to pick up much.
Once a week mop the kitchen and bathroom floors.
To take your cleaning to the next level choose one of the following to include once a week…
- Cleaning the Microwave
- Dusting the Molding and trim
- Cobweb Removal
- Interior Window Cleaning
- Inside Cabinet Cleaning
- Oven Cleaning
- Moving and cleaning under the furniture
Via Clean My Space
A great way to effectively use your time is to maintain a set cleaning routine. But maybe It’s time to re-tool how the cleaning gets done. Check out theses quick steps from Clean My Space on how to get motivated to clean –> Click here.
What about you? What does your cleaning routine look like? What routines are your kids responsible for?