Ready For Guests!
Believe it or not, you can accomplish your house cleaning and organizing needs for a holiday-ready home without much effort.
House Cleaning Tips:
Your holiday house cleaning can be broken down into manageable parts. House cleaning this way can help keep you focused and calm, allowing you to enjoy a stress-free time with your family and guests this holiday season. If you have already done a thorough job of household cleaning and organizing back in May and the summer sand has been swept out in July, and the mildew cleaned up in September, you will have less housekeeping to do for the holiday season.
If your whole house is due for a house cleaning overhaul this holiday season, decide which rooms are the most important to have cleaned and start there. If you are not expecting overnight guests, do your final organizing and cleaning in the spare bedroom last. This will leave you with the option to simply shut the spare bedroom door, if you have last minute guests arrive for dinner. Do the same thing for cleaning the kids’ rooms, if needed, unless these rooms will be used by overnight guests.
- High traffic areas – When you invite guests for dinner, they probably won’t check your son’s bedroom closet to see if it is organized or peek in your office to see if it is clean. Guests are likely to be in your kitchen, living room, and bathroom or sitting at your dining room table. Begin your housecleaning routine in the main common areas of your home. If you have extra time, you can focus on organizing the bedrooms, cleaning the office or simply keep the doors to those rooms closed on the big day.
- Visible Spaces – Start household cleaning with a top to bottom dusting of walls and ceilings. This cuts down on the dust level in the house throughout the coming year and is a helpful all natural house cleaning method to keeping your home dust free. Dust off and clean your tables, counters, bookshelves, entertainment centers and other surfaces before thoroughly cleaning the hidden areas and nooks. Wipe over all woodwork, doors, windowsills and baseboards. Pull out furniture that has not been cleaned behind recently and clean the surface by hand wiping or vacuuming. Clean the floors in the high traffic areas of your home last, as you want to keep this step as close to the arrival time of your guests as possible. They will see a sparkling clean house when they arrive. As well as cleaning the areas of the house, sometimes giving your HVAC regular tune-ups can help to reduce the dust particles in your home and therefore, keeping it cleaner and healthier for longer. It is easy to get tune-ups for your HVAC by using companies like Castle Home Comfort on this website https://castlehomecomfort.com/service-areas/white-heath/ and other local heating and cooling services in your area.
- Bathrooms – Take a look through your bathrooms and make sure they are clean and ready for visitors. This includes wiping down the counters and giving a good scrubbing to the toilet and shower, placing out an extra roll of toilet paper so guests won’t have to go hunting for it if they need it, refilling the hand soap and putting out fresh hand towels. Close your shower curtain to hide all those bath items inside and keep your medicine cabinet closed. In case your bathroom fixtures need repair or replacement, do not hesitate to call plumbing service providers like Tom Moffett Plumbing (who are known to be a highly recommended plumber in Seal Beach). With a bit of help, you could be able to keep your house nice and toasty for the perfect holiday celebrations!
- Passageways – Organize the hallways and staircases, areas that tend to gather clutter as family members drop and disperse their belongings from one room to the next. Sweep or vacuum up any debris in this area, because you can never tell if there are ants making colonies at every untouched nook. Tiny food crumbs can attract these house bugs and they start to populate rapidly. It is better that you call a pest control agency to stop the ant infestation. Make sure you enquire about the agency’s treatment method and pest control cost in Birmingham or your local area before scheduling their visit. Now, if your guests are arriving unannounced and you don’t have the time to clean your closets and side rooms, make sure the doors to these areas are closed.
- Kitchen – Enjoy your clean home and start the holidays with a clean kitchen. Guests are likely to enter your kitchen, whether to gather and help you prepare the meal or to help set the table. Clean the counters and appliances by wiping them down, then mop and clean the floors before guests arrive. Make sure you have an empty dishwasher on the day of the event so you can quickly and easily place dirty dishes away, keeping them out of sight as soon as they accumulate. With any extra time, hose down your trash can and use a pleasant scented garbage bag so the trash won’t add any unwelcome odors to the day’s festivities.