Fight common household smells with DIY Natural air fresheners, warmed on the stovetop or strategically placed around your home:
DIY Natural Air Freshener on the Stove Top
On the stovetop, combine cinnamon sticks, citrus, and cloves in a pot of simmering water.
If you are cooking and want to reduce cooking odors, simmer 1 TBSP of vinegar in a pot of water.
Too hot to simmer fresh scents on the stovetop, try one of these ideas:
Natural Air Fresheners
- Baking soda or vinegar with lemon juice in a small bowl will absorb odors around the house
- Having houseplants helps reduce odors in the home (you may recall our blog about houseplants that help clean the air!)
- Keep fresh ground coffee on the stovetop
- Grind up a slice of lemon in the garbage disposal
- Place bowls of fragrant dried herbs and flowers around the room