7 Tips for Outdoor Spring Maintenance
Spring is the perfect time to freshen up your entire house. Most people do a traditional indoor Spring Cleaning, but it is also important to spruce up the exterior of your home. It adds value and curb appeal that both you and your neighbors will appreciate. And, if you’re one of the many people who attempt to sell their home in the spring, your realtor will thank you as well.
- Invest in one big weekend of yard work. If you spend one weekend dedicated to checking off your outdoor to do list, you will thank yourself. Not only will the bulk of the work be done for the rest of the season, but you’ll also see a major improvement in just a few days.
- Clean the gutters. Cleaning gutters is a continuous job. We recommend cleaning them both before and after winter. In the fall, you should mainly be concerned with clearing out all the leaves and sticks that may be clogging them. In the spring, however, you may want to do a cleaning of both the inside and outside of the gutters. The amount of rain in the spring can really make a mess, and your gutters need to be draining properly. Here is “how-to” from Chaotically Creative. Lesley admits that while her DIY results were the impressive, hiring a professional can save time and energy.
- Inspect the exterior. From top to bottom, your house needs some TLC after the harsh winter weather and before the spring storms. DIY.com recommends several important areas to look at as you make your rounds. Check your roof and gutters for damage and look to get roofing contractors maryland in if there is gamage. Repaint or seal any areas that are chipping. Inspect your foundation and ensure the ground slopes away from your home to ensure proper drainage. These routine tasks are essential to the maintenance and upkeep of your home. Another thing to mention, is that you could have a look into getting some hd wireless security camera systems to show that the property has been looked after.
- Give your house a wash. According to Bobvila.com, “Vinyl siding is pretty low maintenance…to keep your siding free of grime and dirt, wash with a solution of 70 percent water and 30 percent vinegar, then rinse clean.” If you do not have vinyl siding or the proper equipment, it may be easier to leave this to the professionals.
- Organize your storage space. Whether you have a garage or shed or both, cleaning out and reorganizing your storage space is a great way to start off the season. Here are 12 Organizing Tips for Your Garage Shelves.
- Check yard toys. If you’ve got forts, playhouses, swing-sets, or other yard toys, make sure to do a quick safety check. Clean off rust and debris, and tighten any loose screws. If needed, replace old parts so that toys are safe for everyday use after a long winter. Some of these toys can be difficult to clean, so here is a step-by-step guide from Carrie at Carrie This Home.
- Improve the curb appeal. Particularly if you are putting your house on the market this spring, adding curb appeal is a must. You can do things like get your old Garage doors Charlotte replaced or getting your roof cleaned.
Lucky for you, we can help you with just about everything on this list. Call us today to schedule your indoor and outdoor cleaning projects. If you schedule a five-hour or more cleaning before April 6th, you’ll receive 10% off of your service.